Spruce up for Spring!
April 16, 2019
Winter has finally turned into spring and everyone is anxious to get out to enjoy the fresh air and the regrowth of all things green! April is National Lawn & Garden month so it’s the perfect time to spruce up your lawn and plant those flowers before the summertime heat rolls in. Whether you're a beginner gardener or a seasoned veteran, these gardening tips will have your plants living their best life:
- Plant your garden in a place you can see so that you're less likely to forget about it.
- Pay attention to how the sunlight hits your yard before choosing a spot for your garden as many plants need at least 6 hours of sunlight in order to thrive.
- Plant your garden near a water source so you don't have to lug water every time your plants get thirsty.
- Invest in nutrient-rich soil and select plants that match your growing conditions.
- Apply 2-3 inches of mulch around each plant to help reduce weeds and reduce moisture loss.
While you’re working hard to get that lush garden going, make sure your home or auto insurance policy provides you with the right coverage in case of any outdoor maintenance mishaps on your property or your neighbors. Contact us today to discuss your coverage!